Rating is out 10 out of 10, with a full point given for each of the ten sections listed above. Points per section may be issued in the following denominations: 0,.0 .25, .50, 1.0. For further clarification, the sections listed are worth a total of 1.0 point and are:
1. Company Profile & Personality: (available information about the company, cruelty-free status information, philanthropic efforts, unnecessary controversy, indie company vs mainstream)
2. Price: (product cost, availability of product, shipping cost, available coupons)
3. Purchase Process: (order time vs receipt of product turn around, availability of product, email notifications including shipping & tracking number, email notification for delivery)
4. Packaging: (was the item securely package, decorative packaging efforts including information card about the product, upcoming sales, or the company itself)
5. Pigmentation: (via swatches)
6. Color Payoff: (via application to the area applicable)
7. Product Application: (ease of application of the product, for example for eyeshadow, is there fall out, creasing, etc.
8. Performance: (longevity of wear)
9. Product Value: (price to product amount ratio, i.e. price per gram + product quality + consumer response (popularity of the product and consumer response) + repurchase option)
10. Overall Product Presentation: shade variation (if eyeshadow), women of color friendly, pale people friendly, universally applicable to many skin tones, desire for repeated use, would you repurchase the item again, is this product associated with a particular trend or is does it market the companies individuality, does the product set a new & innovative trend, is the product effective (does it do what it’s designed to do), does the product have potential multiple application opportunities (i.e. can the product be used as a blush & lipstick), is the product limited edition or a permanent product, is the product part of a collection, is the product consistent (from shade to shade, if an eyeshadow palette) from color to color in a part of a collection and does it function and operate the same each time applied.
If I mention that I am selling any of the items listed below, you can catch those products at a reasonable price on Poshmark @ bougiebriexo or on Mercari @ BougieBrie or you can always reach out to me on my social media channels or click on the Contact Me link at the top of the page and shoot me an email!
Product Name: Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette
REVIEW: I didn’t purchase this highly sought after palette on its epic first release, because well, I didn’t really want it. I waited until it was released again after the brand urged its loyal patrons to quickly acquire the product and then strategically and magically restocked the item (by the way, if you think anything from Too Faced is ever limited edition, please rethink your opinion, but it must certainly will reappear). After purchasing the palette it sat in my collection for over a year because I just had no idea why I purchased it or what to do with it. The quality of the palette is fair at best and the color story is just awful. If you are looking for a peachy theme palette with an attractive color story then please, please purchase Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette, because not only you get quality that is above board, but you get a real peach themed eyeshadow palette.
RATE: 5.5/10 Honestly, I’m giving the palette more than it deserves and it’s mostly for packaging and the scent of the palette, but absolutely very little to do with the palette’s organization, shadow quality, and the brand’s unethical, yet strategic use of hyped up consumers that are brand loyal.
ROTATE: I’m definitely not a fan of this palette but I think I’m willing to give it another chance to see if I can make it work, so I’ll be looking up some YouTube videos for tutorials to see if there’s anything worth trying, and if not I’ll be getting rid of this palette.
Product Name: Too Faced The Return of Sexy Eyeshadow Palette
REVIEW: Unfortunately, I didn’t pull for this palette the entire week so I don’t have a review for it. That’s not a good indication that I’m actually interested in using the palette. I’m keeping it the next rotation to see if I’m going to use it. So, look for the review for this palette sometime in the coming week.
Product Name: Ace Beaute Quintessential Eyeshadow Palette
REVIEW: I love supporting Indie Brands in particular because they tend to be more innovative and think outside the box. Their aesthetic, color stories, and customer service most often surpass mainstream brands. This is my first eyeshadow palette from this brand, and they just released 4 new ingenious palettes (one of which I am thinking about picking up). They are a bit pricey but I think it’s worth it. This particular palette has beautiful warm-toned & cool-toned mattes, and vibrant shimmer/foil shades. What I like about this palette is that it is reminiscent of Juvia’s Place Masquerade Eyeshadow Palette in that it has shades perfect for everyday wear and yet provide several shadows for beautiful and unique pops of color.
RATE: 8.75/10 The only deduction I really took in terms of rating is regarding the blendability of a few of the shades. The darker mattes take a tad more effort and it can be a little frustrating for a novice/beginner. Someone who is experienced with eyeshadows and the process of blending might have trouble but I am confident that they will be able to pull it out! Overall, a fantastic palette and I love to support my Indie brands.
ROTATE: I love this palette and it will be staying in my collection for quite a while.
Product Name: Inglot Custom Trio
REVIEW: I had several Inglot custom palettes that I really enjoyed, but I wasn’t using them so they had to find a better home. This one, however, I kept. I enjoy this little trio and I usually keep it in my travel bag, gym bag, or makeup bag in my purse for a very quick and easy look. Most in the beauty community love Inglot, and they are good shadows, relatively speaking, however, I don’t find them to be very pigmented, but they are extremely blendable and easy to manipulate. In particular, the mattes are so smooth and easy to distribute color in the crease and outer “v”, but I find you have to build up the shades, which incidentally I am ok with, but others may prefer a more “bam” in your face type of pigmentation.
RATE: 7/10 I am conflicted over this rating because I think for me, these shadows perform well for what I NEED them to do, and I think sometimes blendability and the ability to build up color are far more important than a type of pressed pigment formulation.
ROTATE: I am working on pre-panning this trio to put it into an upcoming panning project!
Product Name: PUR Mineral Bronzer, KleanColor Blush & Obnoxious Cosmetics Blush Topper
REVIEW: (a) I really enjoyed this bronzer. I have had it for a while and decided to put it to use. It will be the next bronzer/contour item I attempt to pan! (b) This little brush packs a punch and I am totally excited to let you know that I got it for $1. As I have said many times before, I tend not to buy high-end blushes because most blushes wear equally well on my skin. The only high-end blushes I buy are from Tarte. This blush performed well and I was quite pleased! (c) This is a case of “why the hell haven’t I been using this product” type situation. This is a beautiful highlighter/blush topper that is uber pigmented and creates a stunning sheen, but not necessarily glittery effect.
RATE: 9/10 For all products. Very pleased with the performance of these products.
ROTATE: I will keep all of these items in my collection!